What to do, My ex boyfriend insist of letting go and moving on, but continues to initiate contact with me?

My ex boyfriend of 3 years broke up with me over 5 months ago, since then he has continued to initiate contact with me and admits that he just doesn't know what he wants right now, I hurt our relationship by lying throughout the years and I understand that he deserves his space. Since the breakup, I've learned to accept my wrongs and live my life. He tells me constantly that he doesn't want to hurt me by stringing me along especially when he just doesn't know. How can I handle this the correct way so that we both can work this out?

11