The dumpee moved on faster than the dumper?

Right I loved this man with all my heart, so much so I planned on marrying him. Any how over the years relationship there were some red flags that I could no longer ignore. Him talking to his ex, the fact he never bought me anything for birthday, Valentine's or Christmas and his lack of future commitment. He kept hurting me.
So I decided to stop the hurt and break up with him, but my heart didn't want to let him go. He said he was devastated and that he loved me, and I secretly hoped we would get back together. However he stopped talking to me and got a new girlfriend in the space of 3 weeks.
My heart was shattered. He confirmed it I meant nothing to him.

I have read everywhere about the dumper moving on faster than the dumped. But my situation is the opposite.
Has anyone ever found the dumpee to move on quicker than the dumper? What does it mean?

11

Most Helpful Girl

• It does not necessarily mean that you meant nothing to him... I dated a guy for a couple years who was crazy and controlling, even borderline obsessed with me, and when I finally left him he got a new girlfriend within a month... It took me a year!!! I know that this doesn't mean I meant nothing to him... Sometimes when you find someone else it makes it easier to move on. There is that saying, the best way to get over someone is to get under someone.

However, from reading your story and comments, I just think he may not have been a very quality guy. Nothing to do with him not buying you gifts, but just the overall thoughtlessness and selfishness. This may just be the type of person he is... In that case, you are better off and deserve to be with someone who wants you as much as you want them.

• Thank you, yes my relationship sounds very similar the one with your ex. Yes I am better off without him.

• No problem... Thanks for most helpful. Good luck!