Suspicious of ex friends intentions: is he being genuine and sincere?

For the last 3 months or so I've been terrible. I've fallen into what seems like depression and it's all due to a falling out with an ex friend back in December .

I've posted about this before, but it's still constantly in my head and I need some time to release.

For those who aren't up to date with what's going on, on the night of December 13th I was viciously torched by my then best friend with a lighter and a deodorant spray for no reason. I hit him our of self defence and things collapsed from then on.

A week back on Friday I had organised a meeting with him and these 2 University representatives. I asked him the simple question "why?". His answer "I don't know why I did it, I was drunk, I suppose I thought it was all in the fun - so did the 2 other guys in the room". I then asked him if he had told people the truth of what happened and why I hit him and he answered "I literally told everyone 2 days after it happened, they all know I sprayed you".

I'm having a hard time trusting and believing this kid.

The reason is because I texted my ex GF a month and a bit back asking why she dislikes me so much and why she wouldn't talk to me any more and she said "Because you hit him after he asked you to leave his room". I told her what happened and she wouldn't believe me (my ex friend and her a best friends).

Now she hates me and she's made it clear in front of all her friends. What we had together was, believe me, very special. She had fallen for me, even her parents said so (and I met them only 2 weeks into the relationship).

How dare he walks beside her or even talk to her.

He says he wants to be "best friends" again, but I don't know if I should trust him. Should I?

What Girls Said 1

• Stop being friends with him

What Guys Said 0