LDR ex bf texts me asking how I'm doing?

My LDR ex contacted me after three weeks of no contact. He broke it off with me so why would he want to know how I'm doing and how should I respond? And does he simply want to know how I'm doing to make him feel better about himself or does he care about me?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• This is hard to answer. My ex did the same thing, we ended up getting back together and soon after I found out he just sent me that because the girl he was trying to get with after me didn't like him back so he wanted to come back to me. Just be careful. Could mean many different things. Comes down to, can you live without him? if you can ignore him and move on.

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh no, I'm sorry that happened to you. I'm trying to move on and forcing myself to go out when I just want to be in bed all the time and it's hard! I didn't want him to message me at all. Back to healing! :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• I think he cares for you as a friend and just wants to find out how you are doing. We as men are not as cold during breakups as many women might think. Just because we don't want to be with you anymore doesn't mean we don't care.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for the insight! I don't hate him at all and I appreciate it that he cares about me as a friend but I think I need time to heal :( the wounds are still raw and I'm still hurting and his message didn't help me out at all.

What Girls Said 2

• I understand. I'm in the same situation. He told me he met a girl, and didn't want to talk to me anymore. After a week of me just begging him to get back, I just stopped because I was looking ridiculous.
    Then a week later, he asked me how I was doing... I just said fine, but nothing more.

It's hard to get over someone when you keep getting reminders or messages from them. I say just don't respond and wait. If he wants you back, I think he will try harder. If he was just trying to be nice, I think he would get the message and just leave you alone.

0|0
    0|0
  • He might actually care and miss you. How long were you together for?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes