While drunk, I told my boyfriend I cheated on him (when I didn't). What do I do?

Like the title says, me and my boyfriend were drinking last night, and I had a little too much. Apparently I kept telling him that I was cheating on him with this one guy. I only vaguely remember what happened last night, but I do sort of remember saying that. I have never cheated on my boyfriend, and the guy I kept bringing up is just a friend of mine. I don't want my boyfriend to think I cheated on him when I didn't, but I don't know what to tell him to make him believe me. What do I do?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• why would the influence of alcohol cause you to make up a very hurtful lie and then talk about it all night? it wouldn't. of course he thinks you cheated on him. you told him so, apparently multiple times. this makes no sense whatsoever. it's akin to the men who cheat, say that they were drunk and it's not their fault and that their girls should just trust them and believe that they're good guys. if you say or do something when you're drunk, you don't get a free "take back" card. actions and words still hurt.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• You'd better tell him that you just made it up when you were drunk, and that it never really happened.
    That's a bloody stupid thing to do. I'd leave you if I was him, just because you'd caused that much needless hurt for one day (or however long it takes you to explain).

0|0
    0|0
  • You need to sort this out yourself. Why the hell did you tell him you cheated?

You need to avoid drinking, because you obviously can't handle it.

3|1
    0|0
  • Bahahaha Oh man. Tell him before it late

0|0
    0|0
  • Might I suggest you be honest? You obviously cheated on him lol, why else would you tell him you did...

I think you accidently told him the truth when you were drunk, and you're trying to take it back lol, immaturity at it's finest.

1|0
    0|0
    • I never cheated on him. I got a message from my friend while I was drunk, and I started asking my boyfriend who the guy was. He kept telling me he didn't know. Then I asked him if I was cheating on him and he kept saying no. My boyfriend isn't mad at me, he knows I say stupid stuff when I'm drunk. I just don't want him to get the wrong idea.

• Show All
    • Lol. This exchange was awesome to read. Was worth the 2% of my phone battery that I just lost.

• It was Harakiri I cheated on you with. Sometimes when we touch, the honesty's too much.

What Girls Said 3

• That's odd why would you do that? To be spiteful? To get a reaction? To make him jealous? Whatever the reason you should apologise and make him aware you will never lie to him again.

0|0
    0|0
    • I really don't know why I did it. It's just one of those stupid things you say when you're drunk that you don't understand why you did when you look back on it.

• I've never just lied like that through drunkenness before but if that's a trait you have then I suggest you either don't drink or sort some kind of professional help for your outbursts of manipulative behaviour. What you have done and said has really hurt his feelings I hope you understand that he will 2nd guess your agenda now. But I wish you good luck.

• i will be difficult for him to trust you.. he might hate you

0|0
    0|0
    • He doesn't hate me. He told me it's fine because he knows I say random stuff when I'm drunk, but I just don't want him to secretly think something's up.

• oh so if he doesn't hate you... then its fine... but avoid doing such things later on or this might become the cause of trust issues

• How in the world does this even happen? I mean, you can keep telling him you didn't cheat on him, but I doubt he'll believe you.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes