While drunk, I told my boyfriend I cheated on him (when I didn't). What do I do?

Like the title says, me and my boyfriend were drinking last night, and I had a little too much. Apparently I kept telling him that I was cheating on him with this one guy. I only vaguely remember what happened last night, but I do sort of remember saying that. I have never cheated on my boyfriend, and the guy I kept bringing up is just a friend of mine. I don't want my boyfriend to think I cheated on him when I didn't, but I don't know what to tell him to make him believe me. What do I do?

44

Most Helpful Girl

• why would the influence of alcohol cause you to make up a very hurtful lie and then talk about it all night? it wouldn't. of course he thinks you cheated on him. you told him so, apparently multiple times. this makes no sense whatsoever. it's akin to the men who cheat, say that they were drunk and it's not their fault and that their girls should just trust them and believe that they're good guys. if you say or do something when you're drunk, you don't get a free "take back" card. actions and words still hurt.