Do you think people who cheat still live there partner?

My boyfriend cheated on me and it hurts. He lied to the girl he cheated with and said he wasn't in a relationship and etc... I broke up with him and he's been texting me ver since tryin to get back with. I'm confused. If he wants to act like he's single and now he is, why is he begging to be in a relationship?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Love is about making sacrifices for the other person. If they can't even sacrifice having sex with someone else then I would say that generally speaking they don't love the other person very much. They may enjoy your company and miss you if you go, but that isn't the same as love.

Even if they did love them, they clearly can't ever be trusted or respected the same way again. Trust and respect are at least as important as love in any relationship.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• You were easy and now it is hard to get someone as easy and good as you. Hold your head high and know that you are so good they keep coming back for more.

Don't take him back.

1|0
    0|0
  • How was your communication before all of this? Are you in a long distant relationship, has there been patterns of you cutting off communication before in the past?

I'm just wondering, if no one actually cheated and there are other mitigating circumstances maybe you both should rethink this and talk. Just wondering, hope this helps.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cheating is a very interesting topic because there are many, many reasons people cheat. Ranging from emotional needs to boredom and beyond generally speaking people actually do love their partners a lot even if they cheat on them for whatever reason because there is also a distinct separation in the brain between sex and love and it's universal so it's not some "men only" myth either. With sex and love being so terribly separate you find that sex as a means to alleviate stressors can brought up as well as opportunistic behavior and worst of all self-medicating behavior.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes