Do you believe in the saying "once a cheater, always a cheater"?

I don't necessarily believe that once you cheat, you'll always cheat. But I do believe that once u cheat on someone, you'll always cheat on that same person. This is because I think if they give u a second chance, you'll might be able to get a third, fourth and fifth chance to keep doing the same thing because you can't lose that person.
I think that there is someone out there for everyone and can change and have them so deeply in love to the point that they may not fein or want take the chance to cheat with another person because of the "what if" they lose their partner.
Do anyone agree? Why or why not?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No because I think if you cheat once you could learn from your mistake and never do it again.
    But if the person doesn't learn or doesn't really have any consequences, then they might do it again. And if they've cheated multiple times its bad news.

0|0
    0|0
    • Do you think they can learn from their mistakes with the same person or does it take losing that person to become better?

• Show All
    • Do you think texting is considered cheating? I made a fake text messaging # and texted my now "Ex" as if I was some who had a new number and I wanted to hang out. He fell for it, lying to (who he thought was some old friend) saying he was single. So of course I have him pleasure of letting him be single. He's been texting and apologizing but I don't easily forgive. Am I wrong? Should I just give him a second chance?

• Hmm, that's tough. He didn't actually physically cheat but it seems that he easily said he was single- why is that? If I were you, I would want to know why he said this, why was he so eager to deny you?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• I do not believe that person A who cheats on person B will necessarily cheat on persons C, D, E, etc. It is for this reason that I would not give a second chance to person A. If A cheats on B and as a consequence B breaks their heart, then A will be less likely to cheat on C, D, E, etc. When B takes a "no second chances" (i. e., "tough love") approach, B has done the world a favor, in my opinion.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't believe that it means you're "always" a cheater. But it does make me wonder about that person's maturity level.

If my partner were to cheat it would be over anyways, so repeat cheating isn't something I necessarily worry about anyway.

0|1
    0|0
  • I agree, good insight. Absolutely true. That is why you should never get back together with a cheater, ever.

0|0
    0|0
  • I already had it happened. I really don't want to find out the second time.

0|1
    0|0
  • I do because cheaters are impulsive by nature.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes