Do you believe in second chances?

If you were cheated on, do you think sometimes it's alright to give a second chance?
When can it be alright and when can't it? Or is it never alright to give a second chance when it comes to cheating in a relationship?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It sure is hard to trust someone who has cheated on you. But it depends how he cheated on you and how much you like/love this person. If you think you can be able to give a second chance then do it, because you never know if you will ask for one someday (not necessarily for the same reasons).

But despite that, if you are willing to give this person a second chance don't make it too easy for him, make him work to gain your trust again, actions speak louder than words. If he is willing to spend time trying to change things and he shows it, then he might be genuinely sorry, but if he is not willing to put the effort then you should just move on. I hope for the best!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Forgive and forget. It isn't the act of cheating or even the betrayal of trust that will cause me to leave but rather the question of whether the person is worth the effort of maintaining my own honesty with and how willing they are to put me in harms way via STDs, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me, the answer is no. Other people might be able to make it work and I totally respect that, but I'm 100% done if there's cheating in my relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do not give second chances and I encourage others to do the same.

0|1
    0|0
  • Whether it's at work, in a relationship wherever, you should never GIVE second chances. Ever. Second chances should be earned, not given. If somebody misuses your trust you shouldn't throw them an opportunity to do it again, let them prove that they've changed and why they deserve one, and if you think they do, then they can have one.

Just remember you value what you work for, if somebody didn't value you enough to stay faithful to you then your basically rewarding bad behavior with a second chance, instead make them work to prove they deserve it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I guess that depends on the person. If you want to give a second chance, that's fine. I certainly wouldn't ever take someone back that did, and I think there are going to be problems if a person did anyway.
    I don't know how you would trust someone like that ever again. Maybe they won't respect you as much if you accept them back and they just go about doing what they were doing.
    If you take them back and they truly are sorry, you can't hold it over them forever because that would only serve to push them away and that would be wasting everyone's time.
    I find those to be more likely than everything just being fine after.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not when it's cheating in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
    • Do you consider texting cheating? What if your partner lied to someone and said they were single, would u forgive them or would u make them single?

• That all depends on who she lied to. If it was her mom because her mom is nosey, or gives her daughter hell about her boyfriend, then no I wouldn't.

If my girlfriend was going around telling guys she was single, yeah I'd make her single.

• I couldn't give a second chance to a girl who cheated on me. I would completely lose trust in her and always wonder if she were going to do it again. You can't be in a relationship without trust. There are way too many other girls out there who wouldn't cheat, for me to get hung up on one that did.

0|1
    0|0
  • depends on after how long, if it happened 5 years ago and they can prove he/she has changed then yeah. Otherwise no because odds are they probably have not matured enough to handle a relationship just yet.

but it also depends on how and why they cheated before agreeing to a second chance

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Depends. I wouldn't want to, but it depends on how bad the relationship was getting. If it was a complete surprise to me and I thought I was being the best SO then no, no second chances. If we had other issues that need to be worked out, then yes, I'd want to try again.

0|0
    0|0
  • Once he cheats on me he's dead to me. No second chances. Cheating is never okay. I don't care what excuse he gives. He'd be dead to me instantly.

1|2
    0|0
  • No!! Idgaf what situation, if he did it once then he'll do it again. The fact that he even looked at someoneelse n touched... Uhhh nooooo! Even just talking dirty counts as cheating!

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't give second chances, no.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes