I'm his girlfriend but he has a female best friend thats seems too intense, whats going on?

My boyfriend and I have been together for a couple of months but he has a female best friend. They dated once but only for a month and then just decided to be friends and he started dating me about 2 months after their split. They text every day, they still sleep at each others house once or twice a week, they work together and hang out watching moves or playing video games pretty regularly and I know they talk about lots of personal things together. Should I be concerned? What is going on here?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• A good way to find out is to ask if you can join them. If he seems uncomfortable and comes up with excuses not to, then something is up. If they are truly just friends, then the more the marrier.
    Warning signs to look for is if she is too eager to be YOUR friend and compliments you and butters you up a lot. She could be trying to gain your trust so to throw you off her scent so u don't suspect anything. She should be getting to know you, not try to be your best friend. I had an ex that had a girl buddy. Every time she saw me she did the whole "hiiiiiiiiiiii! " and gave me hugs and was overly chummy with me. One night we were all hanging out at his house, and I turned on the voice recorder on my phone and set it out of eye view. The n said that I have to run to my house real quick to get something. When I listened to it later, I heard their conversation while I was gone. They talked about whether or not to have a quickie while I was gone. Oh, be sure to turn your Ringer off first. But only as last resort.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Having a close friend of the opposite sex is one thing. Even having a friend of the opposite sex that he once dated is debatable and a lot of people would say it's ok. But this staying over at each other's house business? Nuh uh. I wouldn't go along with that.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well it can go either way. Of course, they could be doing stuff behind your back. They could also just be friends.

If it's too much for you to handle and give your trust, than leave him. It's only two months in, it's not like some long term relationship or anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • been there years back , had strong ties with my bestfriend and though we were friends i knew she had feelings for me so whenever i got close to a girl she tries to push me away from her.

if the person ur with is worth it and sees ur relationship worth it then he shouldn't let a friend or bestfriend get in the way of u 2 if ur serious.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't have a girlfriend who spends the night at another guy's house. No way.

1|0
    0|0
  • They are best friends,and the chances are they were best friends before you became his girlfriend. Just because they have a strong bond doesn't mean they are sleeping together

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I have to be blunt. I think he is having his cake and eating it too, if you don't mind me saying so. And yes, you every right to be More than "concerned." I would call you a Gem for even tolerating This "triangle threesome."
    The point Is, he Did date this "female best friend," and although they may or may Not be lip locking, they certainly are hooked at the hip with everything they are doing in life.. almost like some married couple. And where do you fit in with all of this? It almost sounds as though She is his girlfriend and You are the "best bud" here. It's not only "Intense," sweetie, it's "Nervy and strange."
    Maybe he thinks it's alright to have his sweet tart and pop tart all at once, but it definitely isn't fair to you. I do believe you should have a pet talk with him about his "man's best friend," for I am seeing a pet peeve down the road, and Not seeing you in the picture. xx

1|0
    0|0
  • If she were a guy would you think any different of the situation?

0|0
    0|0
  • girls and boys can become best friend.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes