Why would he still want to be friends?

I dated this guy for almost a year, lately things have been busy and we haven't had a whole lot of time to talk. But, things JUST calmed down and we were supposed to talk last night. Instead of a call I get a message, he breaks up with me saying there is no spark & he loves me he's just not in love with me anymore. I was head over heels for him and at one point he was too. I was really upset by this, and just replied with "Bye." Then he told me, "I still want to talk unless you don't want to. I still want to be friends and talk" I don't get it, why do guys insist on being friends after you break up?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• First, it's all people, and second, it's because people are dumb. That is what you're "supposed to do" but in reality they don't know what they are doing, you don't know what their intentions are, and everyone loses because it's generally a crapshoot friendship.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• To keep his options open? To make it not sound as bad? Who knows. For me, it's easiest to have a clean break so I can heal and move on.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes