How do I go about getting my stuff back from an “Ex” / “Someone I dated”?

I had been hanging out with this guy for a while now and it was great when we were together it felt right. There was ups and downs but it seemed more downs when we were not together then ups but I pushed passed that. After a while I starting realizing why am I trying so hard for someone that is putting little effort into this. We would see each other about once or twice a month

Before he went on vacation 2 weeks ago was the last time I really seen or talked to him. While I was there He did tell me that he wanted to be with me and he loved me but a girl showed up at his house at 2am and knocked on the door.. really not on the same page after that and he didn’t even explain why she was there he didn’t say anything. The next day I said ok you don’t want to explain i get the hint and haven’t talked to him since..

Anyways I left my favorite Jewelry there and I want it back because my mother gave it to me. After I left and got home I texted him to let him know I left it there and to keep it safe but that was it and I haven’t talked to him since so should I just ask him to mail it back to me or how should I go about this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Call him up, tell him that you need to come get your stuff, and arrange a pickup. It doesn't need to be a huge deal.

• This

• I didn't think about that.. Thanks :)

• Thanks for MH.

What Guys Said 3

• I'd call him and ask him when he'd be around so you can pick it up. I wouldn't have him mail it. then you have an issue of him paying for shipping, and since it's jewelry you'd probably want the package insured... just tell him you want to pick it up and ask him (specific days) when he'd be around

• Call him. Don't text. Find out when he will be home and ask for your belongings back.

• I dont mind calling him i just didn't want to make the hour and a half drive up there an thought it would be easier for him to mail it to me. If i did call him and ask him if i could come pick it up he would give me excuses why he wouldn't be home

• To be honest i don't even want to see him

• I understand, but these items are important to you. Sometimes we have to deal with bad situations in life to get what we want.

• Just go pick it up. Like a big girl.

• I don’t have a problem picking it up at all, he just lives about an hour and half away. I thought it would just be easier for him to mail it to me because I didn’t want to drive all the way up there.

• Good thing to leave out.

What Girls Said 0