Why do guys seem to move faster than girls?

Usually girls consider giving it months to maybe a year or 2 before beginning a new relationship especially if their older relationship was a long term one. However, guys seem to move on or get a new partner as quickly as a month after.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• it's kinda natural. Look think about it this way, if there was 1 man and 1000 women left in the world, humanity would survive. However, if there was 1 woman and 1000 men left in the world, humanity would surely die. In biology class, i learned that females have to dedicate more resources to an offspring and a potential mate. Males have no such responsibility and just GRUNT and move on.

0|0
    0|0
    • And that actually sounds terrible! But I can understand the Biological aspect of it however

• The downside is that men are disposable. Men fight in wars and hunt because it doesn't matter if they die, as long as a few strong ones live.

Sure, its nice to be the bull, but the other 10 bulls who lost... not so much.

• oh yeah, that is pretty bad... teehhee, i didn't realize it but it was always weird for me how men slightly outnumber women yet they're the ones always killing each other... But it's a shame that some women get abused you know?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Sometimes we don't, but we hide it better. It's probably biological women get more attached than men.

0|1
    0|0
  • It makes you forget your past relationship faster to find something new then wait.

0|0
    0|0
  • I know some guys who still haven't gotten over an ex after a few years. And I know women who move on quickly. So you really can't generalize like that

0|0
    0|0
  • Men are wired to forget very easily as soon as they see a new interest. Women are far more emotionally attached.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not necessarily... I haven't got over my ex even after 5 years

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Moving on from a girl emotionally and hooking up with a girl to make himself feel better are two very different things. In my experience, when my bf and I broke up, he started sleeping around immediately but he never dated again. he told each girl he still loved me and when the girl tried to get serious he ditched them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not true. Actually if the guy trully loved the girl, he may never get over her especially of he l

0|0
    0|0
    • Especially if he loved her. He gets together with someone else but he will never treat the next chick like he treated her.

• Don't guys have less options than us though? In my experience, its the other way around. Usually guys take a while to get over a girl.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes