My ex boyfriend is acting weird. Does he still have feelings?

We have been trying to hang out as friends recently... its been about 3 weeks since we broke up and we are in the same friend group at a tiny college where we are both students.

Last night I asked him to hang out (my firs time initiating a hangout alone since we broke up) and we ended up hanging out for 2 hours which was great. When I was texting him about hanging out, he was super eager and would send me another text if I took too long to respond. Then we hung out in his room.

It was great, we had a lot of fun and giggles and it almost felt normal. His body was facing mine the whole time and we were having a blast. he's also been paying a lot of attention to me recently. Last night before I left his room, he started playing music about not getting over people and singing lyrics about not being able to get over someone. Then I randomly said I needed to go for other plans.
Updates:
And the other day he kept looking at me and leaning towards me when hanging out in a friend's room. He also has been looking at me a lot at meals and pays a lot of attention to what I am saying and passes lighters/bowls to me slowly touching my hand
He also has now been texting me back SUPER fast and excited, sometimes texts me to relay messages to my friends, will sit next to me at places...

so if I want HIM back what do I do?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Girl, it`s pretty obvious he wants you back, but he is just having problems with it. Don`t reject him, that will only make him feel worse. Let him tell you that he still cares about you! Who knows, maybe you get back together! ;D

Also, you seem scared with getting back together with him. I don`t know what happened between you and don`t want to meddle, but I think you should give him a second chance. :)

0|1
    1|0
    • He broke up with me because he said I "wasn't the one" but I REALLY want him back. I just don't know how to go about doing it, and I want to make sure he wants me back first.

• In that case, as I said up there, he seems to want you back! I can`t explain it to you, but if he listens to you, gazes into your eyes, tries to touch your hand gently, it`s obvious he wants you back and still loves you! I`m guessing he was mad or depressed when he said you are not the one because now he has "suddenly" changed his mind, you know what I mean? :D

Just give each other a second chance! You won`t regret it! :)

• you should pm me :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Sounds like he's not over you to me, me and my ex tried to keep in contact initially after breaking up but then we both found it too difficult and needed some space before we got back into contact with each other but then your case sounds a little different to mine. The question is, are you interested in going out with him again? Because personally I think if you don't you should make that clear to him just in case he gets his hopes up.

0|0
    0|0
    • I want nothing more than him back right now. And we had 10 days of space w/ no contact as we were on Spring Break right after... but now I don't know if he wants me or is just being nice

• Well then I'm pretty sure if you want to get back together with him then you can, sounds like he still likes you so go for it! :)

• Can't tell. Might just be circuimstance. Ask him or just stop thinking about it? Im sure that will give you the best results. Asking is a bit putting yourself out there, but you're a girl! You can handle it

0|0
    1|0
  • He may have seen other guys checking you out and wants to get you back before someone else ask you out

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would I do all that with my ex? Lets see, Cos I probably like her still lol.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• He probably wants you back, and the more you both "hang and haw" with each other with your same group of friends, tells me you will be soon getting it on alone again, listening the nite away with music to your own ears.")) xx

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally, becoming friends with an ex never works out for the better. It takes more energy than it needs to in order to have a platonic friendship with an ex. It sounds like he still has feelings for you so you need to back away from him gently and give him more time to move on before you can have a proper friendship with no feelings involved.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say he still likes you and wants you back. You just have decide if you are willing to take him back and trust him completely

0|1
    0|0
  • It seems he wants you back, but I (personally) think that music choice was kinda lame and weird lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say he certainly wants you back.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sounds like he wants another chance with you.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sounds promising if you want him back.

0|0
    0|0
  • He might. It just depends on how he's acting.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes