Is no contact after a relationship a good idea?

I broke up with the guy I had been with for 1 1/2 years. We had broke up a time or 2 in the past 3 months and he would act cold and then call 3-4 days later wanting to fix it. This time I didn't go back. I love him with all of my heart and this has hurt him too, but I know it's best right now. We have to much shit to wade through and need some time to heal. We agreed to end it, both knowing we love and wanted each other, but we want to be friends in the future, but I can't go straight to being his friend. Is no contact a good ideal for us to have time to heal and maybe save a friendship out of the mess that we created? It's hard for me bc we almost became a family, but I m/c 3 mo. Into the pregnancy and things have only gone down hill. We lost our trust, our passion and he began to take me for granted, completely, that is until he knew I wasn't coming back. But don't get me wrong he's a great person. It's crazy how you can be inlove with someone but leave them, but love isn't always enough. And I lost myself in the relationship which makes it even harder bc I have to find who I am again, as an individual. Advice please on how we can be friends, we both would like it!

02

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been in a similar situation, it would probably be best to take some time and just not talk to eachother or see eachother. It really does suck I know, but that will be the best way to approach this. If you two keep talking and seeing eachother, it will just bring up feelings and make it nearly impossible to be just friends

• I agree, and I told him that. I brought up the no contact and he reluctantly agreed. He said he didn't understand it but thought that I knew best and was going to trust me that he would understand in the future. I seem him 5 days ago, and he was the man I fell in love with all over again. I haven't seen that man in a long time. But that was the end of out contact. We talked and said our fair wells for now. I just wanted other opinion of the NC, if they've used it and if it worked. My ex b4 did NC to me, though i constantly blew his phone up, he ignored me, and we are great friends now. But thanks:)