How can I break up with someone when we both are in love with each other?

I've known him for a month, and we were together four times, for hours. Our feelings developed stronger than we both anticipated in such a short amount of time.

I talked to my parents about him, of how much I was happy, and everything. But when I told them he is (31) and I am (25), the fact he lives at home (he's helping his family), and has no car and no license (cause of speeding). They don't feel comfortable with me dating him.

I understand their concerns and worries, but he makes me feel special, he cares about me, he enjoys spending time with me. I mean we literally talk every single day, whether it be text or over the phone.

Anyway, I tried so many ways to get my mom okay with my dating him, I even suggested that he would meet them so he can set their minds at ease and see that they misjudged him.

I really had no choice which isn't fiat to me or to him, cause I'm not even going to get the chance to see what could have happened. So I had told my mom that, I am taking a break from dating/relationships and I am going to focus on getting a good job, and try to re-discover myself. Of course it upsets me, cause it means I won't see the guy I love but I am not about to life and go behind my parents back to see him. And If I say I am seeing him anyway, there's going to be all this hostility living with my parents. I can't bear the thought, it's hard enough as it is.

So I have to end it, and hope that maybe there's a chance we will be together again. Problem is I don't know how. He was my first boyfriend for a week, I don't know if that counts. And he says, "if you give up on us my heart will be crushed."

HELP!!!

Also I'd move out but I don't have enough income yet, I need a better job.
  • Break it off!
  • Tell your parents you'll still see him, screw em!
  • Keep fighting for your love.
    Vote C
  • Move out as soon as you can!
    Vote D
I ended it. Glad I did, he ended up being verbally abusive.

04

Most Helpful Guy