What does it mean when you message your ex after a year telling him you still loved him and he tells you that he needs more time to respond?

Me and Mr X suddenly ended. I simply one day stopped hearing or seeing him. I messaged him twice last year asking how he was and he just ignored my messages. Last week I couldn't take it that it has been a year and although he has a girlfriend now and I still feel the same way I did last year. So I messaged him anonymously (made fake account) and told him that I wanted to remain anonymous because I didn't want to affect his relationship but I just wanted to let him know that he changed me and I appreciated and loved him for it which he didn't even open that message. He messaged me under my real name and asked if it was me and I told him that it was. He ignored my message once again so I messaged again and told him that he can ignore my message once again if he wanted but I just ask him to read what I sent to him under the fake account. It was a really nice message and it's not like I was asking him for anything just simply telling him thank you and I wanted to make sure he knew. Then he replied back and said "I'm not ignoring you. I don't mean to do it and I'm sorry that I have. But I just need more time to give you a response." What is that even supposed to mean? Why does he need to think about it?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• me personally (and honestly most of the guys i know) usually just completely ignore any awkward situation.. regardless of how we really feel... its just easier that way

• Ignore as in tell me he needs time but really he will just not respond back?

• i think he'll respond.. at least from what i read on your post. i wouldn't expect it anytime soon, though.

• Yeah I'm definitely not counting on it anytime soon lol. But it's just I feel if he wanted nothing to do with me, he could have just said something like thank you and I'm happy that I made a difference in your life, and that's it, you know? It's really that simple to cut it off with someone. Because obviously it goes without saying if he showed no interest, I won't ever message again. But that "I need time" is reaaaally making me lose my patience. Or maybe I'm just being a girl and thinking too much into it lol