What does a guy mean when he says... (guys opinions please?)?

I know you're going to say this is a dumb question and I know it is, but what does it mean when a guy says "whatever"?
He's my ex, and put me through a lot of heart break recently. I saw where he posted something about "I want a girl who..blah blah" and it really hurt me, then the next day it started to make me angry because he ended it for no reason and won't tell me why or anything. So I stupidly posted something saying "I wish I had a boyfriend to cuddle with." Then I see my ex post "whatever." And I am 99.9% positive it was towards me, because he saw it. What did he mean by "whatever"? He acts like he doesn't even care about me or my feelings, he pretty much tossed me aside without a word so I don't understand at all.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• he's being a brat. why would he post it if it didn't mean anything? it's obviously to get your attention. just wait till he's done pouting, the truth to what he meant will come out sooner or later. now i could be wrong, he could just be "over it" and is just completely dismissing you. in the case you are SOL my dear

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• he might be thinking you don't really want a boyfriend. there's probably something in his mind whether true or not that thinks you didn't want him. but its hard to say with no background.

1|0
    0|0
    • You could say it was a on and off thing. I was tired of him ignoring me all the time, so we got in a fight and he said we weren't getting back together. I honestly don't know if I want him back, I'm just curious why he put that if he wanted it to be over.

• Show All
    • yeah I guess so I don't really know

• if he's the one that kept hurting you then he's the one with problems. I know its hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel right now but later you'll be glad you got rid of him cuz he's a jerk. a guy that does that to a girl he's supposed to care about it a huge loser.

• Trust me... either you did something very messed up or he thought you did. or he prefers drugs over you.

0|0
    1|0
  • He finds your commentary annoying and does not want to put up with it anymore. This isn't your fault; you two have probably had some arguments in the past where you don't like each other anymore. So anything you say likely gets to him, and he doesn't want to deal with it. It doesn't have much reasoning behind it, but I know the feeling. It's irrational and most of all does NOT mean that there's anything wrong with your personality whatsoever. Give it time, and you'll both move on from your past relationship. These feelings of his will fade over time

0|0
    0|0
    • I never did anything to hurt him, he kept hurting me..

• It's all him then, nothing you did

• You hurt his ego and whatever is a way of not dealing with it

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I'm sorry i know you wanted a guys answer, but i think i can help. I've been in the exact same situation in the past where i lost a boyfriend i really loved and he didn't tell me why he ended it and then he just acted all "whatever" afterwards. But after a lot of dating, i have realized that guys DO NOT think into things like women. We think about every little detail why they have one passing thought and then forget about it. So my best advice would be to either ask him if that post was directed towards you, or just not think about it anymore and move on. The only way you'll ever know what he really meant is to ask him, because none of the people on this site can read his mind so we can only guess, which is not going to get you your answer.

Oh and by the way, if he was a jerk enough to leave like that with no reason, then post about the kind of girl he wants and all that, he is NOT worth being with. Those guys are more trouble than they're worth.

1|1
    0|0
    • Thank you! I couldn't of said it better myself!

Recommended myTakes