What is best way to contact an ex so its not awkward?

Ok so me and my girlfriend of 3 years broke up about 4 months ago and I've been giving it a lot of thought and I really feel like I should give her a call! Believe me I've tried to move on and forget about her but there are some unanswered questions that on she can answer that keep on coming up in my mind that are making it hard for me to move on. So what would be the best way for me to contact her? should i call or text her? do something else? we haven't talked to each other at all since we broke up... and if you think I should text her what do you think would be a good way to word my first text so its not completely awkward

21

Most Helpful Girl

• STEP ONE: Decide what you want to say and prepare for voicemail message if necessary
    STEP TWO: Pick up the phone
    STEP THREE: Dial her number
    STEP FOUR: A) Allow the appropriate amount of rings. B) If call goes into voicemail leave prepared non stalker-ish/ guilt-tripping message.
    STEP FIVE: A) If call answered conduct pleasantries but get right to the point. This is your ex if you're calling she knows you want something the question is what. B) If call went into voicemail after leaving the previously mentioned message, HANG UP THE DAMN PHONE! Do not proceed to call again for the day unless it is an emergency that somehow involves said ex.

Remember you called her so try not to have too much of lag time aka awkward silences. If this is too much for you to handle (not trying to be condescending) try a text message following the same principle. GET RIGHT TO THE POINT but be polite.