Do you have a "one that got away"?

Do you have a "one that got away"? Someone you can't get out of your mind to this day? Who are they? What was so special about them? Would you reunite with them now, if you could?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• He's the sweetest, funniest, most caring, quirky, the weirdest and the most intellegent guy I've ever met. (I could go on) Friends since our freshman year of high school. Our senior year he started to act different like if he wanted to be more than friends. I was too shy to ask and he was outgoing and always making me laugh and bringing me out of my shell. I was just to naive to see it or maybe I don't know. Point is that i believe he's the one that got away. We graduated and well he moved away and I stayed in our home town. We kept in contact over the years but not like before. He gave me his address to go see him recently and I want hopefully I'll get to soon. And after who knows what may happen.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Yea I do, I had a crush on her in the 3rd grade and it carried all the way over til the end of high school. The thing that really sucks about it is that I later found out that she had a crush on me all those years as well.

But I have an amazing girlfriend that I could never replace, even with her, so I wouldn't have had it turn out any other way.

2|0
    0|0
  • I got them all alright & those that got away I never tried to get them ;) :D

But there's one that was with me and then went away lol but I won't want her back cause I'd like her to be happy where she is & she is that way (I assume). Her coming back will mean she's dissatisfied and/or hurt etc where she is and I certainly won't want that)

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. She had a history of abuse and wasn't ready to let me or anyone else in. She rejected me and it was devastating. It ruined our friendship. I don't really know why I loved her. She was pretty, but her body left a lot to be desired and her personality had some glaring flaws. I think that may even be why. She wasn't perfect and I felt we complinented each other well. I could've helped her and she could've helped me. I guess I'll never know.

0|1
    0|0
  • As far as I am concerend, they are all mine, and they are all ones that got away, except for the one I married, because she didn't get away!

I resent all their current spouses and boyfriends, equally, though I'm polite when in social situations.

0|1
    0|0
  • Story of my life sadly. first one was my HS crush, my parents got in the way and clouded my judgement, I use to think of her and wonder a lot, still burns me. I always, still to this day, want to tell her what I felt (its funny how she and I got together), but she's with someone else, with kids..and happy, as far as I know...

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, I pretty much got them all.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• This really sweet, really great guy from my pre-university year. We were best friends, at least to me we were. I crushed on him, and I think at some point he liked me too. We had that moment with that stare, you know what I mean...lol But at that time he was still hung up on his ex, so I didn't do anything about it. I was too naive and shy as well to make a move anyway. And he probably thought I'd friendzoned him or something.

After he left for another city, we still talked on the phone until one day I called him to catch up and he didn't pick up. Called again, he didn't pick up again. And he never called me back. I sent him emails, but no replies.

I have no idea why, because we haven't been fighting or anything. I can't get him out of my mind because I hadn't gotten any closure. I want answers! I hate him for ignoring me.

0|0
    0|0
  • In a sense..there was this guy I literally liked foreverrrrrrrrr. And we're kinda friends, never really close. But there was just something about him. He wasn't even the most attractive guy really. He just intrigued me so much.. And I used to be stuck on him to an extent in the back of my mind, even when I was with other guys who were good.
    But I moved on, met my boyfriend and he's the most beautiful soul. I have no regrets and I'd never leave him for any kind of other opportunity.
    I think "the one that got away" is always held on a pedistol in our minds. Its a little obsessive. And when you come to terms with moving on finally...its a good feeling.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes