Why do exes run away in public?

So my mum ran into my ex and the ex-girlfriend turned and walked off very fast.
They hadn't seen each other in over a year.

There has never been bad blood between them.
So I think my ex just found it awkard having to confront my mum.

I can see myself doing the same thing, but that's because I'm not completely over it yet.

Do you think it's safe to say she isn't over it yet either?

Why do exes run away in public?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• There can be a number of reasons, I'm no expert but these come to mind

It could be some kind of shame or guilt, especially if she initiated the breakup

It could also be out of fear that your mother would suddenly resent her due to the breakup

It could also be hurt, if she has regrets over the relationship and didn't want a reminder

And there's always the possibility that she has negative feelings towards you after the breakup and doesn't want to acknowledge anyone from that era.

All in all, think about the reason for the breakup and the repercussions to it and put yourself in her shoes.