Should I talk to my ex boyfriend or not?

My ex and i were going out for a whole year. He and i were deeply in love, everyone could see it. We're both 20 and 21, good kids, we don't party we're just really mellow and g=have good heads on our shoulders.

My ex wants to be a paramedic firefighter. In order to do that, he has to take an emt course. Well he's taken it twice already- failed both times. He's the breadwinner of the household really because his dad's too lazy to look for a job and his mom can't provide much even though she is working 2 jobs as well.

So those 2 times he basically had to sacrifice school for work. And he had to juggle me too and on top of that, i would sometimes get mad because he would fall asleep or be too tired. He works from 4:00am-2:30pm and has school from 6:00pm-10:00pm.. sometimes from 4:00pm-10:00pm.

I know his class is hard. And it's his dream. He's still in love with me from what his mom said. Just that he told me that it wouldn't be fair that i would be putting in a lot of effort into the relationship and he wouldn't be able to do the same for me.

I want him back. I love and care for him deeply. He's an amazing guy. He said that for right now he doesn't want a relationship due to this and it's not his main priority since he has to be the breadwinner and so is school.

What can i do :( ?
Updates:
I'm embarrassed by my actions by the way :(

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• It means exactly what you think it means. It sounds like you both want to get back together. If you're ok with the demands his school will take from the attention he can give you - tell him that. Tell him that you love him and miss him, and know that school will be tough but you want to stick by him while he pursues his dream, and you can adjust to the schedule.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Try and say if you want that you'll be there for him when he's ready for a relationship but he still loves you, he's just stressed and really busy. You should still be there to support him & for now just be his friend :)

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you :) It's so sad because all his dad does is sit on his ass and watches tv. He doesn't look out for anyone but himself so my ex has to take care of bills, car payments, rent, etc. with his mom's help and they're barely making it. And they're about to be evicted :( !

Recommended myTakes