Why is my new girl obsessed with my ex?

I don't get it. My new girl is always looking my ex up on Facebook, talks about her and asks about her. I don't understand why. My new girl has nothing to be jealous of. I totally upgraded from my ex with my new girl. I'm never getting back with my ex and the only time I talk with my ex is to mange arrangements to pick up my kids.

Girls and guys do you obsess over your current partners ex?

61

Most Helpful Girl

• She's feeling intimidated and jealous. She's probably insecure even though you think she's an "upgrade".
    I don't have a boyfriend, but if I did, no I wouldn't be obsessed.

• She knows she's an upgrade. In fact everyone knows. The one problem I have is I don't like thinking about my ex but my new girl keeps bringing her up so I start thinking about her when I have no interest in doing so.

• But there's a difference between knowing you're an upgrade and actually believing in it. There would be no reason for her to obsess over your ex unless she felt threatened/insecure/intimidated by her.
      You need to talk to her about it and maybe calmly ask her if she could stop bringing your ex up as well as stop stalking her on Facebook.

• That makes sense. I have talked to her about it and she said she will try but her curiosity get the best of her.