Why is my new girl obsessed with my ex?

I don't get it. My new girl is always looking my ex up on Facebook, talks about her and asks about her. I don't understand why. My new girl has nothing to be jealous of. I totally upgraded from my ex with my new girl. I'm never getting back with my ex and the only time I talk with my ex is to mange arrangements to pick up my kids.

Girls and guys do you obsess over your current partners ex?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• She's feeling intimidated and jealous. She's probably insecure even though you think she's an "upgrade".
    I don't have a boyfriend, but if I did, no I wouldn't be obsessed.

0|0
    0|0
    • She knows she's an upgrade. In fact everyone knows. The one problem I have is I don't like thinking about my ex but my new girl keeps bringing her up so I start thinking about her when I have no interest in doing so.

• But there's a difference between knowing you're an upgrade and actually believing in it. There would be no reason for her to obsess over your ex unless she felt threatened/insecure/intimidated by her.
      You need to talk to her about it and maybe calmly ask her if she could stop bringing your ex up as well as stop stalking her on Facebook.

• That makes sense. I have talked to her about it and she said she will try but her curiosity get the best of her.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• Maybe in HER EYES she's not as attractive as your ex. I know very good looking girls who feel like they aren't good enough and will get cheated on. Maybe she had another boyfriend that cheated on her with an ex.

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh God no. At least from what she tells me. I went from say rosanne barr to Cindy Crawford. My new girl tells me all the time she's glad she's prettier then my ex!

She did get cheated on and cheated herself but that's another story.

• She's jealous even though she would never admit it and yes I kinda do but she'll get over it. Make sure you make her feel like number one and ensure her and if you do keep on doing what you're doing it.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I do. I just don't get why she's jealous. She's prettier, thinner, funnier and a way better person than my ex. She knows all this and has no reason to be jealous!

• Show All
    • I see. I just wish I could make her see that it's a part of my life is rather leave in the past and I'd rather not even talk about my ex.

• Keep doing what you're doing ans she'll soon accept it all you'll see :)

• Because she's jealous. Your ex will always be in your life because of your kids

0|0
    0|0
  • I think being that you once felt something for her she will always see her as someone she'll be compared to and as competition (in a way) but if you make her feel like the ex doesn't matter and you only want her, she'll get over it!!

0|0
    0|0
    • I know I do that. So I guess I should just give it time. It's really annoying though. I can't stand my ex and I hate hearing/talking about her!

• Yea, in time she'll let it go. Just tell her in the nicest way that you really don't want to hear about her or care about anymore and constantly talking about her is putting a strain on the relationship and you really want to be with her and only her.

• It's hard, especially where you have kids. I know I couldn't handle that. If you two are ear serious though maybe you could see a counselor and it could improve the situation.

0|0
    0|0
    • I guess I never thought of the kid angle. My new girl can't have kids due to a botched abortion. Maybe she's jealous we had kids together?

What Guys Said 1

• She can't let go of that feeling when she's around you, so she tries to piss you off. Plus, she's trying to rate you.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes