How do I get over someone I can never be with?

I am so depressed about a man that I am in love with..but can never be with. The time I spent with him was the best moments of my life. How do I ever get over this heartbreak?

13

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel you girl. We've got a mad age gap going on, but that just means it happens to everyone--I'll tell you how I'm handling it myself. It's hard for me to completely pull away because a part of me just wants him so badly, I just want to talk to him every day, be in his company, spend time doing random and stupid things, love him; but because it will never work, I know I have to look elsewhere for the same thing. I remind myself never to look for love when I'm lonely and missing him. I seek the comfort of my friends who are also single (after all, misery loves company) and just fill my time with my work, music, idle things like poetry, arts and crafts such as collages and coloring, and cultivating my confidence and life goals. I find that Ted Talks have been really inspiring to me. They lift me up when I find myself at his feet again, choking on words I can't say, wishing for the time I can't spend with him. Find inspiration, something to light your world up again. Dance in the rain, eat tons of chocolate before going on a crazy health and yogi craze, enjoy the moments you share with your family and friends. All you have is right now--make the most of it babe ;)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thank you..your words means a lot. After my divorce I never thought I would feel this way about someone again. It just hurts so much. I sit and wonder what he is doing...think about the times we made love. All of our talks..and the way he made me laugh.