My ex boyfriend and i broke up a couple months ago but he's still controlling.?

This is a complicated situation. My ex bf and i broke up in January of this year... we were together for over 2 years... yet we still talk like we're together and he confuses me in thinking that we are yet when i ask him about us he reminds me that we aren't in a relationship. A situation occurred last week where i went out to the club (i hardly ever go out since i got with him) i decided to go out just to do something different and to get out and i messaged him and told him i'm going to the club and he says i should never speak to him again and he's considering me dead.. just because i went out.. i don't get it because we aren't together so why is he getting upset? ... while we were together i would have never gone out because i felt no need to because i was in a relationship and i don't like going out and i know he hates when i go out... bare in mind that this entire situation is long distance... what should i do? i really love this guy and i think he feels the same way... i tried talking to him but he says i should leave him alone or he ignores me... it's been over a week we haven't spoken and this isn't the first time something like this is happening. once he ignored me for 3 weeks..

11