Is it better to talk to a guy about a relationship problem or let it go?

I've been dating a guy for about two months and we had a disagreement about our relationship. We took kind of a break for a few weeks. During that time, we texted back and forth every few days. We are having our first date in a month this Saturday.

I'd like to talk about what happened in order to clarify an important point I made. I think it could be important to the dynamic and future of the relationship.

Questions: Should I talk about it briefly to clarify the point and give him the opportunity to understand how I really feel about the issue? Or, should I let it go, and let things play out as they will? Is the first date after a break the time to do it? What will be more beneficial to the relationship?

I am afraid not talking about it might be like having an elephant in the room, but I don't want to belabor the point either.

Guys: what would you rather have a woman do, in the early stages of dating? Girls: do you have experience with this and how did it turn out?
Updates:
We did NOT discuss this when we texted during the break. We just texted about fun things. He remembered things about my life, my daily routine, and asked me about them. He told me about books he was reading and sent me pics of his family.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I would definitely bring it up but not on this key upcoming date. You'd run the risk of sounding like you just need to be right.

To never bring it up would also be a mistake. You'd be stuffing your true feelings and you'd deny him a chance to grow, perhaps.

"Dumbledore says people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right."
    ---J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• I think it all depends on the disagreement

0|0
    0|0
    • It was about him not wanting to be exclusive yet. Looking back, I was asking for exclusivity too early. I was reacting out of my fear of rejection. I thought about it carefully, and I decided that dating casually is good for BOTH of us. I believe it's best to let things happen more naturally. I told him I'd like to continue to date casually, hence our upcoming date.

What Girls Said 1

• I would see how it goes. You should definitely talk about it at some point, but I don't believe that the first date back is the time to do it. However, if you feel that when you're there it is the right time to bring it up, go for it. If it were me, I wouldn't plan on it that night but maybe go over what you would want to say beforehand just in case it comes up

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes