Ex was flaunting a new girl? What gives?

An ex brought a new girl he's dating to a small get-together with mutual friends and ignored me the entire night. (even when sitting directly across the table). He knew I would be there. The next day he messages me desperately apologizing and hoping everythings okay between us.
What gives?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Someone's trying to make you jealous! He still cares about you to some extent and probably feels bad for trying to make you jealous.

If he doesn't have a shot with you anymore, don't rise to it! Either ignore him back or just tell him something like "I'm happy we've both moved on", don't give him a reaction that he's looking for, like getting offended etc.