Ok so my girlfriend just forced me to dump one of my close female friends, she said it's either her or my friend and i chose her?

Ok so me and my girlfriend have been having this problem for months, basically when i met her she was friends with this girl called Lucy. She had just met Lucy as this was at the start of University that they met and i met my girlfriend a couple of weeks later, anyway so she is friends with Lucy and some other girls, she meets me and introduces me to her friends. We all hang out as a group and everything is fine and fun, soon later my girlfriend begins to drift from this group of friends they all do the same course so see eachother a lot more than my girlfriend does and slowly she stops speaking to them regularly. Me and Lucy on the other hand become friends we live in the same uni halls and speak regularly just over text catching up a couple times a week.

My gf has a problem with this and we have arguments about this, she says why does Lucy feel like she can text me and befriend me, she said it's not the way a girl should act with her friends boyfriend. I say me and Lucy are good friends she says that's wrong because Lucy met me through her so she should be involved in our friendship rather than just me and Lucy being independently friends. We argue over this for like 6 months she cries over it and wants me to stop speaking to her i think she's being overly dramatic and controlling and eventually we break up over other reasons like general arguing but this was the main reason my gf broke up with me, 2 months after the break up we start speaking again and a 1 month after we start speaking we are on the verge of getting back together i was willing to do anything to make us work so said i would speak to the Lucy girl less if it bothers her, she said she would only feel comfortable with getting back with me if i block her and never reply to her messages and just say Hi and bye if i see her on the street, i did this because i love her and want to make it work but i feel terrible I blocked the girl on my gf's request but after about 2 weeks she called me saying...
she misses me etc, my gf finds out about this a flips out saying why is she acting to desperate and if i want to be with her i have to end it, i send her a really cold text like i think it's best we don't speak as you caused problems
it's been nearly 2 weeks since and i feel awful. I wanted to call her and explain because i didn't think she deserved to be cut out so brutally like that but my gf would probably even dump me if she found out i called her to see if she was ok

51

Most Helpful Girl

• I think your gf has huge trust issues, she's way too controlling, i think you should call Lucy and explain all this situation, no one deserves to be cut out like that with no explanation, and you really want to be with a girl like your gf? Today will be Lucy, but tomorrow will be something else, i think you should reconsider if you truly want to be in a relationship with someone like that

Most Helpful Guy

• Its a crappy situation, but the simple fact of the matter is that if you actually like your girlfriend and want to have a future with her you are going to have to go along with things like this. If the shoe is on the other foot and you demand she stop speaking to a guy you find to be too friendly with her then you should expect her to listen to your concerns as well.

It is controlling, it is childish, and it does reek of unnecessary jealousy on her part. I would not have rekindled the relationship with a girl if she demanded I cut off a friend who had done her no wrong. This just comes down to a tough choice for you. Your girlfriend, who you already indicated you had broken up with over arguing about other matters as well, or a girl who you are friendly with and has let you know that she misses your company.

And for the record, saying she caused a lot of problems is ducking your responsibility. The problem is that you argued about this matter for six months with your girlfriend instead of making a decision one way or another earlier.