Can I trust that she will avoid seeing me the way I avoided seeing her?

Apologies if you've seen this story before. She was an old coworker that I ultimately had feelings for her. She may have been interested at one point, but not in the long run and was only seeking attention from me. I made clear my interest a couple times, she never reciprocated but never backed off. I quit because I wrote her a letter were I made the assumption that she was interested, but said I couldn't be with her because of personal problems. She didn't like that and wanted me to stay away from her.

So after quitting the workplace I was diagnosed with cancer. Everyone at this workplace was supportive and I visited but always avoided seeing her. She left for another job recently and so I'm going back to work there to try to get back to a normal life. I was very careful to not run into her whenever I visited, can I expect her to do the same? Last time we talked via text, I apologized, and she was appreciative, but I don't want to see her and I assume the same from her. She does have a sibling working there and we're all a tight knit group, socially, so I'm a bit worried that I'll have to deal with running into her.

20