Do you stay friends, or do you cut ties when you break up? Why?

if you were friends before you started dating.

23

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 2

• The girls that I break up with get exiled from my life. I already have a good group of friends (split pretty evenly between girls and guys) and I don't really want more. If I were to date a girl from my group of friends, I would stay friends with her if we broke up.

• Cut ties. Though I am sure if I need to find her I can just mail her a letter to her home on Whore Island.

What Girls Said 2

• It depends on the situation. You haven't provided any details so I'm going to apply a few of my previous experiences and you can see which applies to you

1. Nate. CUT TIES. We were together for 2 and a half years through our last year of high school and into first few months of college. He was what I call an Atypical jock. He was way too into looking good, his muscles, being the best at everything- yet he could name every single pokemon and he'd play Bioshock with me till the cows came home. He started off as a pretty sweet guy and gradually turned into this egotistical, overbearing, cheating ass rat. If this sounds anything like your situation, CUT TIES, RUN FOR THE HILLS, DON'T BOTHER TO LOOK BACK, HE'S NOT WORTH YOUR TIME.

2. Ah, Nicholas. STAY FRIENDS. We were on and off in between Nate, in between high school and college. He's the typical nice guy, you know the kind of guy who complains about being friend zoned. He's a sweetie who'd do anything for you and the kind of guy you bring home to your parents and they go 'that Nicholas, he's a swell guy'. You've probably been there and done that. He was my best friend throughout middle school, high school and honestly still is my best friend- it just didn't work out because we tried to force something that wasn't there. This guy you keep as your friend, he's someone who will always be there for you.

3. Michael. He was my friend, not my best friend- not the kind of guy you'd invite over in the middle of the night for marshmallows and hot chocolate- but you're close enough to hook up at a party. And that is just what happens! So yeah you've got that one night behind your belt, because at the time it felt like such a great idea! But then in the morning when you've sobered up, you realize, maybe that wasn't your greatest idea in your existence. So do you talk to him about it? Does he even remember? This guy is the wild card! It all depends on how he reacts- if he's cool with it STAY FRIENDS. If not- CUT TIES.

• i offered to stay friends… he didn't want to, so we cut off all ties…