Why is it ok for guys to cheat but girls can't?

I wonder why when a guy cheats he expects to be forgiven or excused for cheating but if his girl turns around and cheats he goes ape shit.

I notice this happens on TV too. Don Draper can cheat but if his wife does oh boy. Or on Scandal with the president cheating on his wife but then doesn't want his wife having sex with another man.

School a sistah! Please!

313

Most Helpful Girl

• because women were sold as property, from their father to their husband, and since that means they were objects-you can have several lamps. this stayed with us, like most traditions.

• that's a lovely explanation for many, many scenarios. Women don't gain self respect because they're treated like objects to prize and protect, not people who need to learn to prize and protect themselves. So if a women without self respect is cheated on, she will blame herself or even believe she has no better options than the man she's with, especially because that other woman obviously wanted him.