What goes through someone's mind when they get confronted for cheating?

I just found out that the guy I've been dating for 2 months, first of all, had a girlfriend when we first got together and second of all, has a different one who he started dating a month or so ago. Which means I'm the side girl.
I was texting him earlier today and sweet-talked him into coming to see me at work. He showed up and I told him we needed to have a little talk. I told him I wasn't stupid and I knew he was seeing someone else. He had the dumbest look on his face. Then he said he didn't know what I was talking about. I repeated myself and he had no defense. I told him to stop contacting me and he just nodded like he was scared or something. Then I stood up and walked away and he left.

I don't think he had any clue that I could find out about everything and I didn't tell him how I knew. I just left him to wonder. So, what do you think was going through his mind?

01