How to break up with a clingy suicidal person?

i met this guy online and we were going to meet up this summer, but he started getting too attached. saying he wants me around all the time and that im his girlfriend even though we haven't met yet. i just wanted a casual thing so it freaked me out...i started ignoring him and did so for two weeks.

i thought i was in the clear and he got the hint, but tonight he started posting songs on his Facebook saying they were about me. then he messaged me to say he missed me and he hadn't heard from me in months (um its been 13 days), and then THAT HE WAS KILLING HIMSELF

so i flipped, i called him, and talked him down and he started feeling better...then he started saying he thinks about me a lot and calling me sweety. its freaking me out, but now im scared if i tell him i dont want to visit he'll try to kill himself or go crazy. like im scared. what do i do? i dont want to meet him anymore.
why would he do this? is there something psychologically wrong with him
?

55

Most Helpful Guy

• You're easily manipulated. Just be blunt; even if the kid offs himself it has nothing to do with you and realistically he'd do it with or without your existence.

• i am...i kinda have some emotional problems that make it hard for me to see when im being manipulated or exploited and i dont speak up for myself. i didn't realize i was being manipulated until tonight. ill try being blunt. he's 31 and clearly immature and not under control, im a little frightened. in my past i dealt with people who were volatile like this and they got violent. im just scared of how to handle it but its probably my fear of being blunt that repeatedly has me in these situations...

• ok ok, i appreciate the candor. i dont want to do it now but i will tomorrow. i just want to ignore him but that probably isn't actually constructive lol

• well you figured it out all by yourself, didn't need me to tell ya at all; you already knew what you had to do and im happy youve decided to do it