Do guys let themselves go after a breakup?

My ex and I broke up a year ago. We had a really good relationship, but he's 3 years younger than me, and this was his first relationship...so he got really scared of committing and had to breakup all of a sudden. I believe this is the real reason for sure.

Anyway, so we worked together and saw each other all the time. I finally changed jobs for the last 3 months, so haven't seen him in a while. The other day, he dropped by for a few minutes to a friends bday. He's changed a lot! Like he let his hair grow out really long, and has gotten really scruffy looking...maybe even a little chubby.

Do guys just let themselves go when they get some freedom? Have any of you guys ever done that? Just curious.

10