Why do cheaters get married if they won't stay faithful?

What is the point of hurting the other person? Than making a family that you know is in danger of falling apart.

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Afraid of loneliness - when they get older they get married so they'd always have someone to sleep with/be with them, or because they got someone pregnant. They still cheat, but the older they get, their appeal diminishes and they have fewer opportunities to actually cheat, so they STILL have someone to go home to.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Some people are just serial cheaters and always were, even before they maried.They'd be a small minority.They'll still have their favourite partner at home (a good all-rounder), but just can't resist temptation and they actually look for it.

The real problem revolves around the fact that 80% of women aren't suited to marriage or any long-term monogamous relationship.Within 4 years of marriage,50% of women no longer find their partner physically attractive.It doesn't mattter if he's as good as ever or better, the sex stops.Within 25 years of marriage,80% of women are like that.

Women are typically cheating after 5 years of marriage.They still find other men attractive.Last time I checked statistics and surveys, it indicated that about 29% of women will cheat during a marriage.That figure could be a lot higher.Recent information in this country, which will soon be shown on TV, concludes that 25% of children are calling the wrong man daddy (DNA testing finally brings out the truth).Women who cheat during marriage typically do it mre frequently than men who cheat during marriage.

So what does the man do, after his wife has been banging someone else for 5 years while he misses out, or in a minority of the 50% of cases she's banging no-one and he still gets no sex? Men typically cheat after 10 years of marriage (after missing out for 5 or 6 years, while often their wife is banging someone else).They say about 50% of men will cheat at least once during a marriage.

I'll put it to you that 90% of this cheating would stop, if women were't so pyhsically and emotionally disfunctional.You'd still be left with a small minority of serial cheaters.Most women just cannot stay attracted and "in love" with the same man for the long term.The chemicals in their brain stop working.It's just instinct and nature at work.

0|1
    0|0
    • Where'd you get all your information and dont tell me to google it...

• I like these answers because they are all wrong.

When you are given the Social Equation for Happiness the things you pursue are not necessarily tailored to your skills, talents, and abilities. You have women (oh, women...) who grow up constantly wanting the fairytale wedding they were brought up wish for who aren't monogamous in the least!

This dissonance fails in the face of social pressure and the reason I use women specifically is because this is so weighted towards them; in global society and even in the most liberal societies women are still highly encouraged to marry even if no longer de facto required to marry.

Now the question itself extends all over the place. "Why do people who know they will be bad parents have children on purpose?", "Why do people who are bad with organization seek to clutter their lives or get extremely large and hard to manage abodes?", "Why do people who know they are bad with money never seek help and instead work to earn more money to compensate?", etc.

Beautiful question. Really dismal answer. The basic outcome for the most part is that these people have little to no choice; it isn't really so much capital gains or even the drive as it is the social pressure being so ingrained in a person that they walk blindly into the scenario at a level no higher than saying "Please" and "Thank You" in relation to habit.

1|0
    1|1
  • I suppose they want to be sure to always have someone in their bed. When they get bored or have an E.D. , they look elsewhere. Then they discover that 'cures' the boredom and the E.D. ...for a short time.

0|1
    0|0
    • Yes it's temporary and adds more to guilt. I have seen it myself a man dying on his deathbed. He asked his wife for forgiveness for cheating on her all those years in marriage. Until this day I hear her talking about what he did to her. I feel if your hurting each other just let it go. Resentment builds up during those years and than the same person that loves you ends up hating you. Where is the love in that?

• Why do girls date and sleep with bad guys if they know they don't stay faithful?

0|0
    1|0
    • I wasn't being gender specific as I know women cheat too. My closest cousin cheated on a very good guy. Guess what she got cheated on her husband right back. I feel she got what she deserved.

• Show All
    • I agree 100%. I actually asked a question like this too. You're right some women are lead by money and shiny cars. Instead of looking for someone with good values and good character. I feel as women have got more into the workplace they expect men to be on their level. I find it funny because men aren't like this at all. Men just want someone to love and have a family with. They will settle even with a housewife. Yes some women are becoming more superficial and materialistic

• I just loved the way you think. You are a pretty smart women. Are you white?

• they think its all a game. maybe because if they dont get caught its big on them, but if you got a mortgage, and kids in the picture, then you gotta watch out for your kids.. if they got a conscience

0|0
    0|0
  • Because, they can that's why.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• Because they want the best of both world. The "happy" marriage and their fun on the side. Also, most people who cheat pretend like they do nothing wrong and once they get caught they do all they can to apologize.

1|1
    0|0
    • I feel that they will regret the time they applied to those people that mean nothing. They will realize the guilt and lies weren't worth it.

• Indeed but once they crossed the line, it probably seems easy to do it again. Once they realize they can lose everything, they feel bad.

• They want to have their cake and eat it to, to be as cliche as possible. They want variety and excitement, but with the emotional security of still having someone at home that loves them dearly. Best of both worlds, I guess.

1|0
    0|0
    • I see it more like a master pulling their puppets strings. Of course only a weak person would do this until one of those puppets realizes they have a mind themselves. The puppet turns on them now the master doesn't like that. I call it a spell.

• I think that to have the "mistress" to fulfill their needs once the married couple loses spark. They go in search of better and many don't realize that the grass is not always greener on the other side. Its more dry and unhealthy.

0|1
    0|0
    • I'm sorry but I've seen a couple of cases of those same mistresses going crazy. Two cases one was about the mistress stalking the man and his own family. Another one was about the mistress going to a wife's job and killing her point blank. Affairs are deadly too.

• They really are lol

• They are not fulfilled, and they are afraid to be left alone. People, please don't get married if you can't be faithful

0|0
    0|0
    • I agree.

• Show All
    • die alone someday

• Yeah you're right

• that question i asked before too , and i was told because they could get their needs fulfil if they are married

0|0
    0|0
    • They can get their needs fulfilled while being in marriage. I do agree some people need to stop holding out but that is no reason to cheat on someone. Communication is key.

• they want the best of two worlds. cheater is self centred.

• Because they are notoriously self-centered.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because it gives them a sense of security, and leading someone else on probably gets them off a little. I agree, it's stupid.

0|0
    0|0
    • I feel it makes them feel powerful. Only a weak person won't let another one have a mind of their own. They're scared they will turn on them and they don't want that. They want the other person to deal with their crap.

• Show All
    • My ex cheated on me and coincidentally two weeks before there was a show on open relationships. When I found out he was cheating I asked him What is it that you want? Do you want an open relationship? He about had a heart attack. He said No. I don't feel I would have done it but I was so in love with him I wanted to please him in anyway he would want. Now I feel that I was the dummy because it wasn't about me it had to do with him trying to control me. He wanted to do it but I couldn't do it back to him.

• Yes! Definitely. When a guy wants to cheat but also wants his girlfriend to stay faithful to him (no sharing, not cheating and so on) it's definitely just because of control. And I'm sad you had to go through that... but it's good that you learned something from it. Now you know when to run from a guy and what signs to look for.

Recommended myTakes