Him or your dreams? Do you sacrifice your love or sacrifice your dreams?

I'm torn between working things out with my ex and pursuing my dreams. I ended the 7yr relationship on the grounds of this but I'm still crazy about him. I just don't know what to do and don't want to make the wrong decision.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• In the long run, I'd regret leaving personal passions unfulfilled more than leaving a lover behind.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for MH. Good luck, I know it's not an easy decision.

• Thank you for your advice. You're right though, and it's definitely not going to be easy but at least I've gotten to experience love with him and now I need to love myself and do something for me. Much appreciated advice.

• Glad I could help, all the best!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• God made a lot of men, go for the dreams, he will either be there later or you will find your true love.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was going to say dreams, since love doesn't last forever. But 7 years? Wow. Both.

0|0
    0|0
    • But this means leaving and he wants steadiness and for us to move in together so it has to be one or the other :(

• That's brutal...I don't know :(

What Girls Said 2

• Him or your dreams? Do you sacrifice your love or sacrifice your dreams?
    I'd sacrifice him as in my opinion male 'love' is pretty much worthless, quick to fade, and comes to plenty of compromises with no to little return.

While my dreams are worthwhile to me, lasting in self-fulfillment and satisfaction, and comes with no compromises as it's achieving what I want and the return is plentiful.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the dream and whether or not it is something practical and plausible...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes