If you were with someone and found out that they cheated on someone wayyyy back in high school would you stop seeing them?

I know for some here high school is right now or a couple years ago. but some of us high school is like ancient history. so i guess mainly to those people, if you found out the person you are dating cheated on someone in their high school days would you stop seeing them?

Once a cheater always a cheater? even if one time during high school?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• What happened in any relationship outside of your own is not a predictor of what you could have with that person. If you had been the one to cheat in your HS relationship would you want your current partner to walk away? They didn't cheat on you so for me it wouldn't have any reason to not be with them now. Hopefully they have grown up a lot since then and take relationships more seriously. However if you can't let it go now that you know this and you start digging through their email, texts, fb looking for things you need to take a close hard look at yourself.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I wish I would have broke up with her. Same exact story. I found out my girl cheated back in high school. I thought that was a long time ago and she said she'd never do that again. Well one year and about five months later she cheated on me. She said she was drunk and it didn't mean anything and blah blah blah...sorry I'll never do it again...

Can People change sure...my advice be very cautious.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• High school is a time when everyone's hormones run WILD! having said this, if you know this person well enough you'd know if that was a one time thing or if that's the kind of a person this guy/girl is. You'd know how to assess the situation prior to even entering the relationship. If you don't know them that well, then you shouldn't be getting into a relationship with them in the first place.

0|0
    1|0
  • I wouldn't dump then cuz people really do change once they lose that special someone or they start to change on their own cuz of maturity so I would stay I wouldn't dum him because he could be the one you never know he can change that was back in high school he was just being a teen age boy I say stay but be careful not to get hurt but if you have trust issues then leave cuz there's no seance of being with someone if you have trust issues cuz trust is part of what makes the relationship work

0|0
    0|0
  • Because of my trust issues I'd be a little apprehensive.
    But if it was waaayyy back in highschool than I probably wouldn't stop seeing that person. It was his hormonal, teenage years. People make mistakes. but if he cheated on more people after hs than it would depend on how much I liked him.

0|0
    0|0
  • No that is silly to me. When you are in hs you are way different and way less likely to want or be ready for anything that is a commitment. I think once a cheater always a cheater applies more to people whose brain is fully developed and are older.

0|0
    1|0
  • My impression of that person would change. I am not bothered by the num of partners he had in the past but for people who aren't loyal I may feel hesitate to go into a relationship with them

0|0
    0|0
    • So cheaters are always cheaters even if it was once during their adolescent years in high school?

• Yes sorry I can't trust a cheater

• Nope. I would not leave them for that unless high school ended 4 years or less for them.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I wouldn't care and I wouldn't dump them. What is in the past is in the past.

0|0
    1|0
  • I wouldn't stop seeing them. We all make mistakes sometimes.

0|0
    0|0
  • If that was the only time, well I'm not sure why I'd ever know about it then. I'd not be too concerned as it was a while ago. I'd sort of cheated (was on a "break" and made out with another guy) and I'd never ever do that now. I'm totally faithful

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't dump them no, but I would be curios to know what and how.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• I say I wouldn't make up...teens are still maturing and make stupid mistakes.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't stop seeing them. Let history be history.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes