Communicating with your ex? Is it okay? Is this okay?

Me and my boyfriend have been together for 4 1/2 years, we're even planning to move in together. 2 days ago I found out he and his ex girlfriend spoke a bit last week. I was hurt to angry to find this out. We had a HUGE fight and barely spoke until that night (fight happened in the morning). He told me he hit her up just to see how she was doing (ex has really bad and severe mental problems). He said he doesn't feel anything for her but was curious to see how she was doing. After he explained himself, I tried to be as understanding as possible. He told me he wants a future with me and is serious about me and his curiosity in this killed him. As angry as was, I can't help but believe him. This was really the first time he's ever done anything like that. I'm still pretty mad about it and now I feel like I can't trust him, even though he admitted to it. The ex knows about me and him and KNOWS we've been together longer then they were. I want to move on from this and want to trust him but I can't comprehend WHY this happened. I just don't understand and I want and am trying to move forward from this but it plays in my mind constantly. I just need advise and opinion...Am I wrong to feel like this? What should I do?

33

Most Helpful Girl

• your not wrong to feel hurt but you shouldn't let this affect you because you are with him he flat was honest didn't ignore the subject was truthful about what he did didn't lie to you but i don't believe his ex has mental problems she might have hurt him or wasn't really good for him but you are he wants a life with you don't let a girl from the past effect your future with him you don't wanna come off as that girl whose jealous or won't allow him to have girls as friends you gotta believe in what you have with your partner because no body knows your boyfriend like you do and him wanting u to move in with him or move in at all definitely sets the record straight he doesn't want to loose you and that he's trying to commit to you and no one else i would worry about now and not the past because its not like that girl texted him or wanted to talk to him clearly she has moved on and respects your guys relationship

• Thank you for the advise. Out of everyone I asked, yours definitely made me put things in perspective and made me feel better. I just don't want to worry about someone from the past interfering with what we have and I want to trust him and move forward from this. I'm really trying though but it is hard though I'm not going to lie.