Why is he talking about reconciliation right after the break up?

When my ex broke up with me he immediately said that he might want to reconcile with me down the line.
I think that's kind of confusing. And I went into No contact after the break up and have been in No contact for 5 weeks now.
Was he indecisive about the break up or why did he say that?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a classic form of, "I might dangle a carrot in front of you just in case nothing better turns up" so you need to tell this guy to get lost, he made his bed, so he lyes in it, tell him he has now allowed you to move on to bigger better men, ones that are worthy of you, not you worthy of them, x

Most Helpful Girl

• He might be indecisive but it sounds like a guy who want to break up to have fun on the side a could come back once he had his fun...Anyway, it's not fair to give you hope and make you wait. You should make him understand you're the one with power here ;)