He broke up with me, why does he care?

My ex broke up with me 4 months ago. It was a tough breakup... We were together for 2 years in high school and 2 years a couple years after that. He still says he loves me and wants to be with me in the future but I told him I couldn't promise h that.

Anyways, the other night I ended up going home with a friend of one of our mutual friends. It wasn't out of spite... It just happened. I think word got around to my ex about it and he deleted me Facebook. I feel super shitty now. And I feel like I hurt his feelings but we broke up! What should I do? Apologize? I still want to be friends with my ex. He's been a big part of my life and staying friends is important to me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well you both will still have feelings there, 4 years is a long time so you will care whether you like it or not, personally I think you should both meet up and talk about it cos it's rather silly just to throw 4 years down the drain and I guarantee you will miss him after a few more months, think of it this way, imagine him going out with another girl next month? How would that make you feel? Could you still be friends with him? What if it was a girl you knew? Just think about it before making decisions that could change your life

What Guys Said 1

• If you ever had emotions for him then you might have already known why does one care? Don't act like robot. Do you break up and suddenly deleted your memory files for new files? This is how relationship goes my dear?
    Getting rid of those feelings takes time...break up is just a two little stupid word just like divorce.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!