Why do guys go silent after a break up?

Since me and my boyfriend broke up we haven't contacted each other. He went completely silent.
What are the reasons for a guys to go silent after a break up?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Its the best method. We understand that emotions could be running high, so we try and make it as easy as possible, so we make the effort of keeping out of their way for a while, just incase of a fall out, x

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It is quite common - and quite respectful, if you ask me. If he was the one who ended it he wants to make sure that he is not sending any mixed signals that would make you believe the decision was not final. And he probably wants to make it easier on both of you to move on by creating some distance.

It sucks, I know :( I'm sorry you're going through this right now.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• You reflect upon your mistakes. You try to move on. Hence the silence.

0|1
    0|1
  • Why would he want to or need to talk to you?

0|2
    0|1
  • Because we don't need to ever talk to you again?

0|1
    0|1
  • coping mechanism.. maybe we fucked up somewhere, and can't own up to it

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I am going threw the same thing and I realize its better this way. do you want to hear him talking about other girls? its better for things to be silent then for you 2 be fighting. Guys and women handle things very differently especially after a breakup. its also their way of saying that the relationship is over and you better move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say either they are trying to move on or moved on already. Normally after break ups you don't contact each other. It sucks I know but i figure if they don't reach out to check on me then why should I? Especially if they were the ones to call it off.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes