Do you think its a good idea to make cheating (in relationships) illegal?

What are your thoughts? And reasons why please.

Especially those of you in relationships

• Its a good idea
  • Nah I don't think this would work
  • Not really sure?
    Vote C

1816

Most Helpful Girl

• In marriages, not in just relationships.

Marriage is a legal agreement and I think if you cheat on your spouse (and they have proof) they should be entitled to damages such as compensation for money they've spent on you or money that their family put into the wedding. It's imperfect of course but something along those lines.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I was about to write somethign similar, I think in a way its already ilegal on marriages. And it would be really hard to proof in court that you were in a relationship at the time of the cheating...

• You're welcome!

• Completely agree on the marriage thing, but not the relationship thing. Relationship is not a socially acknowledged contract unless the couple lived together for a long time. So it should not be penalized as such.