Does the no contact rule work? Will it bring him back?

We had no communication whatsoever since the birthday. His birthdays Monday should I say happy birthday? If I don't will it make him want me more? Please explain the no contact rule and how it works. Thanks (:

Updates:
*since the break up

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• need more info!

0|1
    0|0
    • We broke up a month ago almost 2 months. He dumped me because he just didn't feel anything anymore emotionally. Physically yes I know he was still because the sex was great and he'd get hard instantly whenever he saw me no matter what I wore. He dated after but soon dumped her from what I heard.

• Show All
    • absolutely YES tell him Happy Birthday.
      as bounty says don't come on strong just start of slow and rekindle your old flame.

• Thanks guys!(:

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• If you don't contact him, he will probably think you are ticked off at him and don't want to get back with him. Best to keep things friendly and be on cordial terms with him.

However, you need to pay attention to what 'Conviction' wrote. What's your end gamew here? Are you trying to get back in a relationship with him? Is that even the right thing to do?

0|0
    0|0
  • You broke up with him. So it's fine right? You don't need to contact him anymore. he's not in your life anymore. And you should probably forget about him, since us guys do not really handle break ups the same way you girls do. But if it's his birthday, send him a gift through mail. That will help you to avoid contact and he will also not remember the scars of a break up. As you see, if you appear in front of him on his birthday, you'll remind him of his break up.

0|0
    0|0
  • The "no contact" rule doesn't make any sense to me.

1. I like someone,
    2. I want them to like me back (or like me more),
    3. Therefore, I'll no longer contact them.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I don't get how that works.

1|0
    0|0
  • Errmm, quite a complex one and it depends on the person and how long you've known them. Sometime no contact is best, more so when you known this person a long long time and have become a huge part of their life. Other times, and I am in this situation myself, where you haven't known them long and you get that feeling that something in their life is holding them back and although a part of them wants you they have barriers to keep u out. Then you sure as hell need to make sure they don't forget you - give them the chance and they will, it is easier for them than getting hurt. Middle ground is not to seem to eager to contact, let the day go on a little, then wish him a happy birthday - cover both bases

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• If someone wants to be with you, they'll be with you. People like tricking themselves into believing stupid shit. If someone likes you they'll try to be in your life and will make it work. If you don't like someone, then that person not contacting you is NOT going to make you love them or have feelings for them. It doesn't work like that. My advice is to always be 100% honest about your feelings. If the other person doesn't feel the same, you pack your things and leave. Move on. Trying to then play games like not contacting the other to make them want you more is very irrational and pretty living a lie. If someone wanted you, they'd make a active effort to be with you. No one in their right mind avoids someone who they are madly in love with. So no, the no contact rule itself will not make someone come back. What makes someone come back is them realizing they miss you and made a mistake. When they realize this they'll tell you.

1|0
    0|0
  • sorry but i just say screw it to the no contact rule!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes