Ex Gf forced me to block all contact from my female friend to get back with her, then dumped me a week later, how do i get my friend back?

Ok so me and my ex broke up, we were together for a year for a long time in our relationship she had a problem with my female friend. Me and the girl spoke maybe twice a week just over text nothing over the top like calls or meet ups in person i never actually met up with her just one on one ever and we had been friends for 2 years. I met the girl at my uni anyway she would cry over it and say why can't i just cut the girl off n stop speaking to her and i'm just like she is my friend. We end up breaking up over other things like her thinking eventhough i'm doing a law degree that i won't end up successful and i'm not driven and passionate enough for her so she wants to find a man who will be successful so he can pay for the whole household so she can stay at home and work part time but keep the money for herself.

We are both 20 by the way and at university so i don't know why she is thinking so far ahead anyway, so together for a year broke up for 3 months. We get back together but she says i have to block the girl if i want to be with her, it was either her or the girl. I do it and she pressures me into doing it in a cold way, i wanted to call the girl and talk to her she got upset and was like i should just text her a cold text like "you caused problems before so it's best we don't speak" and then block her. I did so because i wanted the best for our relationship. A week later she breaks up with me over her doubts again about my future success. How do i get my friend back, it's been a week since we broke up and me and my ex still speak as friends. I feel bad for cutting of my friend like that when it wasn't even worth it, i actually did it because i loved my gf and wanted us to work. Anyway should i call my friend, we never speak on the phone so it's not like we have loads of call convo's but i really wanna express how sorry i am for cutting her off like that and explain. Or should i text her like hey and see how she responds?

45

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel sorry for you because you were manipulated more than once in that relationship. If a confident woman has insecurities about her man's relationship with another woman then there is some foundation for it but in your case your ex was just petty.

But the real issue here is your friend. Personally i wouldn't take you back as my friend. You let a girl who proved herself to be petty, manipulative and self-seeking break up a friendship. I wouldn't be able to trust you not to do that again if i was your friend.

If you want her friendship back a text message is not sufficient. You need to do this in person. Take her out for coffee or go for a walk, but the conversation you need to have with this girl has to be face to face. People can hide behind words in a text and things can be misconstrued if not said properly.

If she accepts your apology you have to remember that things are not going to go back to normal immediately. You're going to have to regain her trust. Being friends with a woman is not like being friends with a man. She's always going to have doubts that her friendship means nothing to you until you can prove her wrong.

• Yup totally right i mean i allowed myself to be manipulated anyway i should have just not got back with her. I realised cutting of my friend was wrong, i mean we argued over it for like 6 months until we initially broke up the first time. I always knew she was being petty but just gave into her demands so we could be happy, wrong move.

So how do i go about this? I won't spontaneously bump into her anytime soon, should i call her explain the situation then ask if she is free to meet up. Should i text her if she's free to meet up instead? Or should i just call her hash it all out on the phone and then maybe invite her out to hang out just to smooth things over.

I mean she is my friend and she has a bf so i don't want to go overboard like buying her flowers etc lol i just want to make her understand so we can be friends again.

What do you think?

• I had a really great friend once. Best guy friend i ever had. We had an argument about the girl he was dating. I thought she was psychotic he basically told me i was just jealous. He stopped speaking to me and it got sort of ugly...to the point where i couldn't even be in the same room with him anymore. Lo and behold a year into the relationship the same thing i told him would happen happened. He never apologised for the mean and hurtful things he said to me and i have never been in the same room alone with him again. Don't let that be your friendship. So take my silly advice and apologise to the girl in person. Not by text message and not over the phone...IN PERSON. And just like you explained to us here on this site explain the situation to her. It's her choice whether she forgives you or not but if you don't do anything to show that you want your friend back then you're going to lose her completely before you know it. DONT PROCRASTINATE if this is something you're serious about.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, you should explain all the toxic aspects of the relationship. She's probably heard similar stories. But you can't just pretend it all never happened.

You won't get much of a reception with 'hey', that's for sure. She has a right to know why you sent her that kind of message.

I'm sure once you explain she'll be ok with what you felt you HAD to do, and who knows what the future holds now for the two of you? Obviously there's an attraction there; your ex could sense it even though you tried to mimimize it.

Never deal with a woman who wants you to 'qualify' financially; run the other way as soon as you get even a hint of that sort of woman. She will never be worth what she will ask of you.

• Well i would say there was a friendship there, not an attraction i mean i wasn't attracted to her, we were just good friends that's all.

You know what i will just call her and explain it throughly if she wants to hang out again that's her call, if she need's time that's her call, if she never want's to speak to me again that's her call aswell. Just gotta be open and honest and see what comes from it, if she doesn't want to be friends i have to accept that as a product of my decision to cut her off in the first place anyway.

Yeah to be honest do you think it's even being worth being friend's with this ex. I kind of operate on a "good luck with that" kinda thing like her mentality is stupid thinking men should qualify to be with her like she is something special, but as friends she makes me laugh i make her laugh and it's fun if we keep a healthy distance i guess she can keep all her wacko opinions to herself and her men.

Good idea or bad?

• So how did it work out? Or, DID it work out?