Does no contact rule really work? Please i really need help i just cry all the time.?

I broke up with my ex in the beginning of the year in February and we didn't speak for about 3 weeks, then he called me , we spoke and we decided to slowly go back together i wanted to be his girlfriend again but the said
he wasn't ready that i am the one who broke off and now he needs time to
invest on himself (he started going out with friends more and gym etc). But
we still stayed behaved like a couple, only the title was gone. about 1 week and a half ago i found him with another girl he came after me said
sorry that he didn't mean to hurt me, he can't live without me and all that jazz. After that i decided to do the No Contact rule since Tuesday last
week he called me on Wednesday, i didn't pick up, then he called me on Monday, about 4 time 2 in the afternoon and 2 at night. still didn't pick
up. Today Wednesday he called me 2 times and sms'd saying he's going to visit home for about 1.5 months (his hometown) and he needs me to pick up the phone. I broke the No contact rule, i called him we spoke he asked if i found someone, he asked if the other girl didn't exist if i would consider staying with him and i said no. We spoke for about 30min then I said i had something to do. and we haven't spoken for 4 days, I miss him and love him and i want him to come back to me and be my boyfriend and stop going out with this other girl. Should i continue No Contact? Does it work to get him back?

11