Why would he ask if I think about him if we broke up?

I messaged him a quick happy birthday over Facebook because I still care about him. He immediately replied and said "Thanks." I said "k." he said "do you ever think about me still?" Why would he ask if he dumped me and is dating someone else.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• yeah, he misses you. I can't think of any other reason he'd ask that.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • But he screamed at me to move on and get out when he dumped me for no apparent reason. I mean if we had a fight due to some cause then I would understand he misses me.

• yeah seems clear cut, but not really. I strongly believe the opposite of love isn't hate but apathy. Screaming at someone to move on isn't apathy. If he doesn't miss you he probably feels guilty or like he made a mistake. Look, tell you love him or what ever but that doesn't matter. He treated you badly and shouldn't be let back into your good graces so quickly. You can't control who you love but you do decide who will hurt you.

• Thank you (:

Most Helpful Girl

• Probably misses you. Wants to see if you feel the same way. Even if he did break up with you and is with someone else, still possible for him to think he may have made a mistake. What it sounds like to me at least.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I find that hard to believe because when we broke up he had no explanation just screamed at me to move on and get out.

• Well I do think of him and still love him very much. Should I just tell him that?

• dont tell him you love him. dont give him the benefit. in fact, is he was that disrespectful when he broke up with you, he doesn't deserve you or the satisfaction. distance yourself and dont contact him. distance and not talking about him is the best way to get him off your mind and get him out your life and to move on/get over him. you deserve better. no man should treat you that way, especially if youve done nothing to wrong him.