Betrayed by a Christian man. How do I get over this hurt?

My boyfriend and me broke up up. We were together for a year and I loved his so much. His excuse was he wanted to move back to his hometown. I said to him I would move for him, but he wasn't overly keen. He also said because he is christian that his parents would not allow him to move in with someone unmarried. I agreed because I also wanted to do things properly.
3 weeks after we broke up he got a new girlfriend and I found out he met her whilst we were together.
Fast forward 4 months and guess what, he moved into her flat.
How can a Christian man lie like this, I'm so angry with him. He just used me for a year whilst he was studying.
I can honestly say I hate this guy, he is a weasel and wish I had never met him.
He claims to be Christian but is treating others like dirt.

How do I get over this betrayal and hurt?
Thanks

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• As a Christian, it's been the "Christians" who have hurt me the worst. Lied to me, stole from me, treated me like garbage. Even pastors, refusing to listen to what Jesus commanded them to do. It says in the last days that many will depart from the faith. 1 Timothy, 4:1,2 1But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, 2by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron.

So you see, that just because someone claims to be a Christian, does not mean it is true. I have been treated better by unbelievers and Atheists, truth be told, than some of my fellow Christians. We are all human, and flawed- to think of us as having achiever perfection is a false way of believing. Your ex boyfriend is no different, he is subject to sin and temptation.

I hate to say it, but perhaps he did not love you as much as it seemed. I am sorry if this is true, but you are better off without him as your boyfriend, who seems to be compromising his faith.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thank you its sad but very true, that so far Christians have treated me worse than some non-believers. I am Christian myself and of course probably have hurt some people in my time, but I felt his behaviour was intentional and when confronted, he would not say sorry, even though he knew he was wrong. Unfortunately I don't think he loved me, clearly those 10 months of my life was a lie. But thank you for your comment. :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Many Christains (and hardcore Muslims) are also very narrow minded and incredibly homophobic, some of the nastiest people i've encountered to be honest.

2|0
    0|0
    • meanwhile the nastiest comments here have come from non christians and athiests. go figure

• Ocicatlvr I'm presuming you are maybe religious from your comment. May I ask what you think of my situation? I am Christian myself, and the hardest part of it is that of all people I did not expect a Christian man to do this. Thanks

• It's no secret that religious men are more likely to be unfaithful than atheist men.That's mainly because religious men are typically about 6 IQ points lower, and intelligent men cheat less.

He was shopping around, and not very loyal.I know it hurts, but you have to look after yourself (especially physically, healthwise) and get over it.It's better that he did this sooner, rather than later (like in 10 years time).

At you age, you can quickly replace him with something better.Believe me, it always gets better.

1|0
    0|0
    • meanwhile the nastiest comments here havecome from no christians and athiests. go figure

• Stating facts and offering reasons for those facts has nothing to do with nastiness.Some people might resent the truth, but truth will set you free.Ignoring the truth will only lead to more problems.

• You're focused way too much on the fact that he's a christian. That doesn't mean *anything*. You're focused on the wrong things.

If you had been more aware of the type of man he was, instead of focusing on his religion, then maybe you wouldn't have been so duped.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you, actually you gave me a completely different perspective. I think I was so wrapped up on expecting him to be Christian, that I completely overlooked his behaviour. When I look back, his behaviour was pretty bad, but I carried on nonetheless.

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes