Closure Issue? I keep going back to the same place I used to spend time with my ex?

I am Asian American and she is Latina. She grew up in the hood and I grew up in a semi traditional Asian family. I say semi because im no geek or nerdy Asian. I played basketball, football and golf in HS and did the raving thing back in the day. I also hung out with the G's so I know whats up. Except not as deep as my ex.

We met at my work and she started to talk to me. Started with small talk as we walked by to becoming Facebook friends to texting non stop. I know this relationship was going to be something new to me as I have not dated a girl like her before. She was beautiful, not Asian and the language we spoke were completely different. (she uses slang a lot) but that didn't bother me. she told me that she wanted to get out of that life and move on and live a better life. I know I could of helped her cause I been there and done that. Got out and now I have a good job and career.

The relationship started off great. then I started to see red flags. She eventually asked me out to be her man and of course I accepted even with the red flags. I know she wanted to change for good but I believe she wasn't ready. Then i did something i thought id never do. I left the relationship. Never done that ever in my life and it was the hardest thing to do. Especially to a beautiful girl like her.

Now my question is I used to go to a ocean boardwalk pier while I was with her. Not necessarily with her but I would go there to kill time and to think of our relationship.

I still think about her but im pretty much over her. but I can't seem to stop going to the pier. i have not talked to her since i broke up with her. Is this an closure issue?

I also need to mention that i love the ocean. I am an avid fisherman and love to spend time on/or near the water/Ocean.

Why do i keep going back to the pier? Is this a closure issue or my passion for the ocean?

02