Are we over or does he just need more time?

I have been seeing this guy for a few months now and I really like him. We are not exclusive. He has been very upfront about the fact that about 8 months prior to us meeting that he had been cheated on and dumped by his fiancee and he was still getting past some things. Recently he hadn't been contacting me as much so I asked him what was up and he said he was already having a tough time with work and then found out that his ex had become engaged to the guy she dumped him for and he didn't want to talk. Now for the past few days I only hear from him if I text him. I told him I would give him space and I deleted him on Facebook but part of me is giving up hope that he will ever get past this. I don't know if I should just tell him that I'm moving on or wait some more to see if things change or just leave him alone and let him come to talk to me if he wants to again. Please help.

Most Helpful Guy

• He's obviously still heavily emotionally invested in his ex... You should move on. Waiting patiently on the sidelines is WAY too convenient, and it allows him to stay right where he's at.
    Things have to really break in order to truly be fixed.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 1

• You should start dating someone else and start to move on with your life. It doesn't sound like he's emotionally ready for anything with you right now. And honestly it doesn't sound like he's over his ex yet