Why would this guy constantly bring into question this girl that hurt me?

This guy liked the girl, but she liked me. Fast forward, me and the girl don't talk anymore. Guy is still friends with the girl. (fine with me)

Don't know why he keeps mentioning her in our convos. Saying that i shouldn't think of her anymore, that she played me, that i should move on, BUT CRAZY THING IS i've never said anything about her, since me and the girl became strangers.
It's like he is waiting for me to say bad stuff about her. Keeping in mind they still are friends, it makes me wonder why?
Am i wrong to say he knows the girl still loves me, but wants to make sure we won't get together?

30

Most Helpful Girl

• He's probaly still into her but is trying to get a feel of your viewpoint on her to see if your over her or still have feelings for her and depending on the way you respond he may go in for the kill

• Yeah i noticed he's trying to understand how i feel for her, but why not ask me straight forward.
      I don't think his "objective" is to go in for the kill, but to prevent me from getting with her, because he is actually talking crap about her.