ever found yourself worked up about an ex for no apparent reason?

hadn't seen or heard from her in a while and no real reason to be thinking about her. but seemed to be worked up and annoyed about her last night.its just one of those things that seems to annoy me and rather frustrating to be so worked up about someone , I'm not yet dating anyone else so seem to be having a hard time moving on

50

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you just need to control your mind. And I think you need to resolve the situation within yourself. And just because a person starts dating someone new, I dont think that suddenly the thought of an ex is dismissed. I believe that that only happens when or if the individual has completely decided to leave that ex in the past...whether they are dating someone or not. Like mentally letting go.

My advice for you is to try and be as optimistic as possible about finding someone new. Good luck.

• I agree the solution must be found within me and doesn't really involve her anymore. I don't think i'll be able to ever feel good about what happened but need to find a way to move on and date someone else. I don't feel its necessary to forget about her its necessary to find a path forward so I can move on

• it was a complex situation , to try and explain I meet a younger local girl who lived near me last year until she went away for college. I had a crush on her for a bit and really wanted to date her but didn't know her that well then we actually meet and got closer/became friends during the summer but things didn't really ever work out but I'd still try and talk to her and party with her. she got annoyed with me and ended the idea of a relationship and didn't even want to be friends either.

• want to add she got annoyed with me over stuff that happened in bars/clubs. the drinking age is 19 here , she was a nice girl but honestly as soon is she became old enough to go to bars here she changed and really got into drinking and hit on a lot of random guys at bars here ( it was surprising cause she didn't come across as type of girl who would be a big time drinker and party girl when I first meet her ) her behaviour ar bars made it very difficult to try and date her as she didn't seem to be looking for a serious relationship anymore. I also talked to some other girls at bars around here and that annoyed her.